I've enjoyed my Graze boxes so I thought I'd ask Graze for their insights into starting out. Here Ben Jones, Co-Founder of Graze, gives you his freshly prepared wisdom. Thank you very much, Ben.
5 Bits of Wisdom – Ben Jones, Co-Founder of Graze
1. "Spiritual – good things happen to good people, in any start-up you always need a little bit of luck so be nice to everyone and boost your karma.
2. Theoretical – know your costs, cash flow is key and you don’t want to start anything without understanding its sustainability. Once you’re up and running you’ve moved to the ‘actual’ so make sure you constantly review and update the black and white as this is the business in its purest form.
3. Magical – always keep innovating and do it in every part of the business, from your operations to the products and services. There’s a lot of competition out there and your customers will benefit directly, they will love it, and you will make yourself proud.
4. Physical – Surround yourself with the best people you can find. These people will share the ambition and passion you have for the company, be smarter than you at what they do, have a positive impact on the company's culture and motivate you to be better.
5. Practical – don’t be afraid to take risks, use your common sense and be yourself.
And finally, graze.com is now the fastest growing start-up food company in the UK, it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done, I’ve never had so much fun and the most important lesson I’ve learned is don’t give up, there is always a way!"